^
BfA World Quests

Quick Info:

Article maintained by:
Aranesh

Last updated 2018-08-05

The two new regions of the expansion Battle for Azeroth, Zandalar and Kul Tiras, come with a large list of new world quests.
24 of those are related to pet battling. Similar to Legion, they provide different pet related rewards, from bandages over pet upgrade stones to the new Polished Pet Charms.

In this section you will find strategy guides for each one of these new world quests.

16 Comments (EN)

Show first:

Enbis

wrote on 12/13/2018

So it seems like about all BfA wqs no longer grant significant pet experience, is that correct? I don't have much gametime to verify many of them, just curious if it was discussed somewhere, have devs clarified if it was intended change or a bug, and whether it spreads to all pet battles vs npc, including old pandaria ones, etc?

Adrella

wrote on 12/13/2018

There was a blue post about it. With the release of Family Battler, they made Kul Tiras and Zandalar trainers able to be fought at any time so the achievement will be much easier to complete compared to Legion's. They also reduced the xp so you can't power level pets with that change.

Ivanella#1279

wrote on 12/15/2018

So now we need non leveling strategies that are a little faster.

Toenail

wrote on 09/24/2018

awesome site! I started doing pets a couple weeks before Legion ended and there is no way i could have made progress without it. My biggest problem right now is having so many pets to level i can't seem to stay focused. got lots from the AH for very little gold. Before I knew anything about breeds I was using up a ton of old tokens (from missions) to level pets to 25 by going down the list alphabetically. when i got to the bottom, i started at the top again lol. I suppose I should sell those duplicate breeds of pets now. thanks again for all your help.

dokeefe1986

wrote on 09/26/2018

Get the addon called Rematch, and you can create a pet leveling queue, and customize the order. It is very helpful.

River wrote on 09/17/2018

hey, first of - one wonderful site you have created!
one suggestion - in the BfA list (table on the left) you put the list of quests but not the trainers names, and when trying to find a trainer you first need to search (somewhere else) for the quest related to it.
i think replacing or adding trainers names to the list would be a good idea.
tnx again for your great site.

Thomas wrote on 09/20/2018

But it says in the quest tracker what the name of the quest is? For instance, the world quest to defeat Leana Darkwind in Stormsong Valley clearly has the quest title "Captured Evil", so I don't really see the problem here?

dokeefe1986

wrote on 09/21/2018

I agree. You can only fight these things when the WQ is up anyway. So knowing the names of the targets isn't really helpful at all, in my opinion.

Mergas wrote on 09/30/2018

You are both correct, to a point. Some people think of the quest by the name of the trainer, and when looking up a strategy for future use they go by that name. So having it cross referenced in the list would be helpful when you don't have the quest to refer to or can't think of the quest name but want to research a new team for the fight..

piekid

wrote on 10/01/2018

It actually isn't a bad idea, or something similar at least. There have been times where I've made my way to the trainer, loaded up my saved team, started the fight, and because the fights are new enough and I don't have them memorized like say Pandaria trainers, I want to open up the strat here on the site. But I don't remember the name of the WQ because I'm forgetful like that and I'm in the fight. Knowing something like the trainer's name or the first pet's name would be helpful. What I currently do is open the map and find the WQ, while in the battle. It works, but an identifier on the list wouldn't be bad. Maybe a indicator (like a green paw) that shows up next to active WQs, similar to the flags on the menagerie list?

Surabhi

wrote on 10/11/2018

Sometimes my UI bugs out, and I can't see the name of the currently tracked quest (seems to only happen in pet battles,) so I would appreciate the trainer name as well.

Lilyoptra

wrote on 10/12/2018

I agree. Rematch, by default, will save the team by the Trainer name. Going back to find the team for any reason is then very difficult. I've figured out how to add the WQ name in Rematch, but now have to go back and find the WQ name to match with the Trainer name. Just think having both names would be very helpful.

Telepatra

wrote on 10/13/2018

You can hover over the quest name (on the physical strat page itself, not the sidebar) and it tells you the name of the trainer :)

Detamble wrote on 09/14/2018

Great site, really love it. Now that I have some of the new charms, are there any pets in particular I should buy first? Do any of the new pets intrigue you as pets you might use in strats in the future? Or do we just have such a huge pool of 25s now that we hardly need anything new.

dokeefe1986

wrote on 09/23/2018

In my opinion, the Azerite Puddle pet has a seemingly very strong set of abilities. And it is magic family, which is usually fairly solid because of its passive cap on damage received per hit. Check it out.

Trueheart wrote on 09/11/2018

I love your pages. One of the things I miss though is that pet battle strategies do not often show what pets the world quest npc has. We are left to hope that someone lists them in comments. Is there someplace on the site that lists the pets we are fighting against? Thanks for all of your hard work!

Aranesh

wrote on 09/11/2018

There is :)
Every strategy has this downfacing arrow below the pets. Click it and a panel with additional info will open, including the enemy pets. For some few fights I don't have them, but they should be listed for about 98% of all fights here.

Furioza

wrote on 09/08/2018

I'm not seeing this mentioned (or maybe I haven't looked thoroughly, sorry ^_^') but it seems like all BfA WQ battle pets' level scales to highest in your team. I just made a team of all lvl 1 for Small Beginnings, and the trainer's pets were all level 1 as well.

DragonAfterDark

wrote on 09/09/2018

Furioza

wrote on 09/17/2018

I meant on this site. Not seeing it mentioned here on this site. But thanks for posting the external link to this!

MRaider

wrote on 09/07/2018

Hey y'all, I am new to pet battles. Since you guys are the experts I was hoping for a recommendation on what pets to boost to 25, I can do 3 right now. My main interest atm is to be able to defeat the max lvl25 WQ's. I would not be opposed to spending up to 100k if I would be better off buying one. This is what I have to choose from - https://www.wow-petguide.com/index.php?Collection=16968 Thanks.

Eekwibble

wrote on 09/08/2018

There are several routes for you to go down.
For example, you could collect and level the pets required to beat Squirt in the Garrison then spend a few hours leveling there when she visits on Sign of the Critter week, or, you could find a good leveling spot with fast respawns, like the area around Aki the Chosen in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, and level your stable there with your Teroclaw and/or a moth (for that specific area, they are all aquatic and flying pets so the Teroclaw is a very strong carrier).

165 unique pets is a very good start. I would have a look at the main pages for the tabs at the top of the page and see which pets you have that are listed and level them, then go and capture wild pets that are used a lot that you are missing, like the Unborne Val'kyr for example - there must be 200+ strategies listed here that use that pet - or Pandaren Water Spirit - you can farm that once per day with your max level Teroclaw, no problem, or, you could pony up the cash and get it from the AH. It depends what it's worth to you.

There is no quick and easy solution. To be able to do the wq's in BfA you may only need 3 pets (see Gráinne's post below) but, if you want to do the rest, you will need a much bigger stable, and that, like everything in this game, means grinding.

Gráinne

wrote on 09/08/2018

You have already boosted Anubisath Idol. A fine choice!

I agree with Eekwibble that it varies a lot. And your first three depend on what you intend to do first. Your first three will help you level your others, but are you going to do the tamer chains in Taming (EK/Kalimdor), Outland, Northrend, Cata, Pandaria first or are you going to splurge on a Squirt Day
and spend 4 hours getting another 25 or so to max in one day?

Also, having got one pet to 25, you can now buy and learn caged level 25s from the AH. Some of them may be cheap, and you may prefer to start to gear up with some of those.

I have a post here listing my top priority pets for a new battler:

Grumpy is a priority if you intend to capture a lot of pets. His Howl + Superbark reduces target health to 1, but never kills, making him ideal for that, though he is not otherwise a notable battler.

Ikky + Iron Starlette solve a lot of tamer problems. so does the P/P Zandalari Kneebiter you have. Not great for taming, but faceroll for tamers/quests. See the comment just below.

PureArmour#1184

wrote on 10/29/2018

i have found for leveling, right outside the garrison two stormborne whelplings, and a carry pet in the middle as low as lvl 5 (although i have used lower and survived the survivability is not as good) i put in a stormborne first, use Arcane Storm, then Mana Surge, if the first opposing pet is still alive tail sweep till dead, swap in your level pet, and swap it out for the other Stormborne, Arcane Storm, then Mana Surge, and use tail sweep if you need to or switch back to the first Stormborne and Arcane storm then Mana Surge. ... i recommend looking at what pets you have, and the pet battle masters what is needed for the 6 pet battle masters in Draenor, start with Ashlei and make the circle clockwise, you can level 2 or 3 level 1 pets daily running that circle, and always take advantage of pet week. if you can get them, get the pet treats both of them, they stack, and this will help too. also with the BfA pet battles, many of them you can level pets with. the battles there will level based on your highest pet in the battle so technically you can do these battles with a team of level 1 pets. as far as capturing pets in the wild, be sure to have a terrible turnip or something with weakening blow, as that will not kill the pet you are trying to capture .

Gráinne

wrote on 09/06/2018

I am doing all the BfA World Quests with a team of

Ikky
Zandalari Anklerender P/B
Iron Starlette H/H

and I will continue using that team until I find a WQ I can't complete with it. Then I'll note it here. I don't necessarily expect to use these three in this order in exactly the expectd way, but I'll just use these three and see if there's anything that gives them problems.

This team hurts my conscience, but I will persevere For Science!

BfA has extremely easy world quests, AFAICS, and so far, these three have steamrolled everything.

P.S.
I'm using a P/B Anklerender just because. I'm pretty sure that a P/P or S/S would be at least as effective.

I'm using a H/H Starlette because it survives AoE in the back line better and because of the extra health when it resurrects after Failsafe. I think a P/P would probably be at least as good, though, because Wind-Up -> Wind-Up on its own without Supercharge is so much more effective.

Eekwibble

wrote on 09/08/2018

You are nuts.

I salute you, sir.

Good luck!

Gráinne

wrote on 09/08/2018

It goes quite well. Mostly destroys everything. A couple can't just be cheesed in the expected way, but so far nothing a little tweaking of the sequence won't fix.

I got started because of a forum comment. Some people just want to do the pet WQ for the rep. Damfino why, because it seems a lot of trouble to go to for 1200 rep per day, but they do. So here's a ready-made cookie-cutter team for those folks.

Gráinne

wrote on 09/09/2018

Well, I've just come up against the first WQ in BfA that stumped my team.

Rogue Azerite. Tough. My team might have made it but for the Starlette being ineffective against Elementals, and these are some beefy Elementals.

I am just now thinking that a third Bleed & Stampede pet to replace the Starlette might have worked, but I can't go back and try now. Lots of RNG anyhow.

I actually did it with an S/S Slithershock Elver. Dodge, Deep Bite, Dive.
1. Keep Dodge on CD.
2. Use Dive on CD if you are not currently Dodged
3. Use Deep Bite otherwise
kills the first, and either kills or gets close to killing the second, after which the third is an easy kill to finish.

Judgment

wrote on 09/10/2018

I'm fortunate to have a large pool of pets to use, but your efforts will absolutely be appreciated by a lot of players, I have no doubt. Thanks for the hard work.

Gráinne

wrote on 09/11/2018

Thank you! I posted about it in this thread, https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17623172161 but just to copy one important bit here for anyone wanting to cheese these for whatever reason.

For any newcomers following my team, the basic method is:

Ikky: Black Claw -> Flock (-> Savage Talon if the first opponent pet is still alive).
If the first opponent pet dies during Flock, you have a choice of applying Black Claw or Flock to the second opponent before you die.

Anklerender / Kneebiter / Footslasher: Black Claw -> Hunting Party -> Leap.
If Ikky already applied Black Claw, you don't need to apply it again. If Ikky already applied Shattered Defenses from Flock, you might want to take advantage of that with Leap before you start your run. Depends.

Starlette: Wind-Up -> Supercharge -> Wind-Up.
If there is a barrier like Bubble or an avoidance move coming, do
Wind-Up -> Powerball (however many times) -> Supercharge -> Wind-Up.
Finish up if necessary with Wind-Up -> Wind-Up or Powerballs.

Not all battles will necessarily use this exact formula, but that's the default.

There is some unavoidable RNG. If one of the Shark Blood in the Water crits, for example, or your Starlette misses its big Wind-Up in a Sandstorm, you'll probably have to start again, but otherwise it goes very smoothly.

Busy wrote on 08/31/2018

Is there any possibility to import all rematch scripts for the entire BFA in one go, instead of doing them one by one ?

Lazey

wrote on 08/31/2018

Rematch Strings or tdBPS Scripts?

ostjaevel

wrote on 09/01/2018

I would be happy with just getting the rematch strings (=
Im assuming the TD scripts need to be input on each team seperately, but if thats possible to get with the initial import then i would be a happy Tauren.

Busy wrote on 09/02/2018

Could not have said it better myself :)

saillaw

wrote on 09/13/2018

I have a rematch string that includes all 24 BFA world quest pet battles and notes, but unfortunately it is 16600 characters long which exceeds the posting limit here (and on wowhead). If you want it, PM me and I'm happy to send it. Otherwise, I've tried writing a guide on wowhead and will post it here, but it is currently awaiting moderator approval. I also want to make sure that Aranesh is cool with that idea before I let it go live.

Aranesh

wrote on 09/13/2018

I don't mind at all :-)

saillaw

wrote on 09/15/2018

It looks like the wowhead moderators finally approved the guide:

Aranesh

wrote on 09/16/2018

The link doesn't seem to be working for me :(

saillaw

wrote on 09/16/2018

Ohh I think its not actually approved yet after all... sorry... when it is, that link will work. I guess it only works for me now since I wrote it. It seems to take a long time for wowhead to approve guides... :(

saillaw

wrote on 09/17/2018

It should work now.

Meesh

wrote on 10/17/2018

Thank you for sharing!

PureArmour#1184

wrote on 11/09/2018

i don't use re-match i could never get it to work right. when people post nothing but the rematch string it is totally useless to those of us who do not use that addon. i prefer the moves written out (i'm sure i'm not the only one that doesn't use rematch) i really hope the site does not go to just being useful for the rematch people. if the re-match string isn't there, it's not a big deal because even the people with rematch could do it the old fashion way and play it out, where those of us not using rematch the site would become useless... i love thsi site just the way it is

Stalos#1862

wrote on 08/29/2018

I am curious about suggestions on any "must have" new pets. Any beta testers taken them for a spin? I have a couple hundred polished pet charms and am wondering if there is a couple good ones to make life easier to start.

Eekwibble

wrote on 09/08/2018

The first I bought was the Alliance Lil' Siege Tower. Got B'aal shortly after that (not bought, obviously), then Bumbles (again, not bought).
So far I've had one fleeting moment when I thought I could use B'aal for a strat but then I tried it again and he got wrecked. It seems rngsus doesn't like B'aal at all.
The only pet(s) I've acquired so far from BfA that I've been impressed with is(are) the River Frog(s) from Stormsong Valley. The P/P version is unbelievably overpowered and they have Pump, Water Jet and Bubble all in different slots.
I highly recommend getting at least 1 P/P and 1 P/S.

Corgi

wrote on 08/22/2018

I'd love to see some discussion on the pet team for fighting Baa'l.

Lazey

wrote on 08/22/2018

MPD and maybe another dragonkin with strong attacks vs. magic ;-)

Judgment

wrote on 08/22/2018

The weakened Baa'l should be easily dealt with using any team of 25 pets. I would be very interested to see a team capable of beating the original, pre-Uuna blasted form of Baa'l though, if it's even possible.

DragonAfterDark

wrote on 08/23/2018

I didn't need more than one pet with a couple of Dragonkin attacks. When he's debuffed by Uuna, his health is only 1100, which equates to about what he's at when he's lvl 16.

Lazey

wrote on 08/23/2018

Don't think there's a way to beat the big version, cause it's only ability does exactly what it says... it kills your pet (or more precise put it to 0 health if possible)... no Decoy avoid, nothing, only Undead passive and Mech ressurect extend this a bit.

Aranesh

wrote on 08/24/2018

I've created a section for him :)

Divaelf wrote on 08/16/2018

Have the WQ started? I couldn't find any on my Map this morning.

gsanta

wrote on 08/16/2018

You need to get to level 120, raise 3 particular reputations to friendly, and progress the War Campaign to unlock World Quests.

geekette

wrote on 08/16/2018

I only see the pet battle world quests when I look at my flight path map (zoomed in). They are not shown to me on on my world map. I submitted a bug ticket to the wow forums. Check and see if that is what is happening to you (if you meet all of the requirements that gsanta listed!)

IthinkIspider

wrote on 08/17/2018

I had that same problem. For me the solution was to click battles off and on again on that little magnifying glass on the map. For me theres Show with q/wq, Pets where that was, and then WQ Rewards. Hope that helps - I'm pretty sure thats from an addon...

Vroomfondel wrote on 08/19/2018

The World Quest tracker for pet battles turns itself off (again) by default. On your map, you can turn the tracking back on.

Ravynsur

wrote on 08/20/2018

Thank you Ithinklspider! I wouldn't have realized that unless I looked here, now on to the battles!

Ophelia wrote on 08/20/2018

Thank you SO much IthinkIspider! You saved me soooo much time and distress! I was having the same issue and this fixed it! I thought it was a pet addon.